Monday, January 31, 2011

Finito!

And for those of you who don't speak Italiano (myself included) that means Finished! And I am so happy to say that I am completely finished with my bedroom dresser refinishing project. After a long seven months I finally have something to show for all that time and effort. Here's the bummer though: I never took before photos! I don't know what I was thinking but I just never got around to shooting any before shots of the two dressers and one nightstand. Bummer. So here's the only thing I have to offer in terms of Before photos:

This is the tall dresser, there is also a low three-drawer dresser and of course the nightstand.

The Before color, similar to this:


I even checked back on my parent's computer since I was doing most of the refinishing at their house, but no photos there either. Oh well, these "Befores" will have to do.

As for the color I chose, I decided to go with Minwax Red Mahogany after seeing how beautiful it turned out over here. I applied two coats, about five hours apart, of the stain and then two coats, about five hours apart, of the polyurethane. For the top coat polyurethane I used Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane.



And just as another reminder, here are our previous hand-me-down dressers:



And here are the Afters of our new dressers:

Dan's dresser

My dresser

The nightstand, which lives in our closet.

Don't let the color of the stain fool you. The "Red" in Red Mahogany is very subtle and the color truly turns out to be a nice rich dark brown with hints of red in the sunlight. So there they are- my four year, seven month project that has finally come to an end, and I couldn't be happier to finally have a set that I love. And although these dressers may seem smaller than the ones we used to have, they actually hold a surprising amount and we had no issues whatsoever moving and fitting our clothes into the new dressers.

Check back tomorrow for the entire bedroom reveal!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...