AKA: What we accomplished in the last 365 days! This past year has meant a lot of changes both for Dan and I personally as well as our home. Here's a little recap of our 2012:
- While still working hard to finish up the kitchen we completed a few smaller projects in the meantime, one of my favorite's being the butterflies in our bathroom:
- This was actually a busy month for us and to start off the new year fresh we replaced our old wobbly, paint-peeling dining room chairs with lovely metal ones found on Craigslist (where else...):
- The living room got a little updating too when I reupholstered our formerly black ottomans in a neutral linen fabric (it was actually a sheet!):
- We also finished up the hardware in the kitchen, finally making the room almost complete:
- Although the kitchen is fully functional at this point (new cabinets, counter tops, hardware, and appliances) we still wanted to add a little open storage above the sink and found the perfect solution in this rustic shelf from HomeGoods:
- We finished out the month with one of my favorite projects ever: our dining room plate wall:
- Our tool box got in on the spring cleaning this month and we designated one drawer in our kitchen for our go-to tools:
- My dressing area officially became a room with the addition of new vinyl plank floors (just in time to be turned into a nursery one year later!):
- Thanks to my very good friend, this gorgeous Federal mirror came to live in our house all the way from Delaware:
- I added a little free paint chip art to our bedroom for a nice pop of color:
- This month the entry got decked out to show its red, white, and blue pride:
- We finally replaced the broken chandelier in our dining room with the ever-lovely Eden pendant from cB2:
- The day we hung and painted the door for our coat closet was a very happy day. Finally we could walk in the front door and not be immediately greeted with a open closet full of coats, bags, and our vacuum! Hooray!
- July 20th marked one year in the new house and I recapped with a little before and after tour:
- We finished the built-ins after many weeks of brainstorming, sanding, painting, and trimming:
- Our Cute As A Button themed baby shower went off without a hitch and included lots of cute button-themed touches:
- After painting, hanging frames, and finishing up trim we were done updating the hallway:
- I love how my real birch bark candles turned out better than I imagined:
- Our hallway got a boob job:
- This month also included a little getaway to Cape Cod to secretly celebrate our newest DIY project: the news that we were expecting our first baby!
- Our living room console got spooked-out for Halloween:
- The spooky fun continued into the dining room with a few paper bats in our chandelier:
- The living room gained a little extra surface space with an updated old side table:
- Our biggest announcement ever came on Thanksgiving Day when we let you all know we were going to be parents, then filled you in on all the details a few days later.
- This month was chock full of DIY projects (A Month of Merry to be specific) like dollar store cone trees, a hand-drawn Santa, DIY'ed ornaments, an advent calendar, gifts to give the neighbors, and more!
- I also hosted my first ever Christmas cookie swap and it was a success!
- To see all our Holiday touches, check out our Christmas House Tour:
- And perhaps the most exciting thing to happen to me this year (aside from the news of our little peanut) was being featured on Young House Love! I submitted our built-in project way back in the summer so when it went live at the end of December it was the biggest and best shock ever. And a hearty Welcome! goes out to all my newest Followers-- so nice to meet you all.
So there ya have it- our past year in a nut shell. Obviously plenty more projects, thrifty finds, and room ideas happened so feel free to browse my Archives or Projects page to see even more! As always we're looking forward to the next year to see how our lives and home will change for the better.